Wednesday, February 20, 2013

HE Will Make a Way

By now, I'm sure you've read about the Among Friends Conference coming to my home church March 15 & 16.
Several months ago I had the idea that it would be great for Among Friends to come to Trinity. And - as often occurs - when you have the idea, you end up with the bulk of responsibility to make it happen. And I was OK with that.

Honest moment:
Last Sunday I was in a mood, and I made the statement (to myself), I am NOT going to do something like this again. Ever. I was tired of the work, and didn't want to put in any more effort. I wanted someone else to do it, so I could just buy a ticket and enjoy the conference - without the struggle.

Then came yesterday, and God's mercy for my tired heart.
God spent some time showing off. HE was providing, answering prayer, and showing me how HE is in the business of making a way. Where there seems to be no way. And I was reminded of the blessing of being the one who works hard behind the scenes. Because it's here - behind the scenes, doing the leg-work - where you get to see and experience the blessing which occurs before the conference even starts. I can honestly say now, I am blessed - yes, delighted! - to be where I am, doing what I'm doing.

What struggle are you encountering right now, which God might be using to bless you?

Oh! And I really hope Kathy sings this song at the conference:

Karen

No comments: