Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Late Night One-liners

The other night Elizabeth was at a friend's house to help her friend through some personal issues. Shortly after 10:00 Brian and I decided it was time for bed. We both had to go to work the next morning, Elizabeth was going to be driven home by her friend's mom, and there was really no reason for us to stay up later.

So, to bed we went.

Somewhere in the neighborhood of 10:30, I heard Elizabeth's sweet voice outside our door.
"Mommy?"
I told her she could come in, and as she opened the door to find us both in bed she asked, "Oh! Are you trying to sleep?"
Without missing a beat, Brian replied, "No. We're trying to have a party."

I'm beginning to think his wit never sleeps. *wink*

Karen

2 comments:

Leah Adams said...

He is quick like my man. Greg can come up with some of the funniest stuff on a second's notice.

Karen Hossink said...

Leah - Even when half asleep! *wink*